Can you believe it is already July? And those early school mornings are just around the corner. As parents, there are so many things we need to do to get ready for back to school and there are also things that we can do to prepare for the hectic mornings to come.
- Start by rolling back bedtimes by a few minutes each night leading up to the first day of school.
- Gather any school supply lists and start knocking off the items on the list early before the stores are ransacked!
- Make sure all paperwork, including medical forms and enrollment packets are filled out and either ready to turn in or submitted early if possible.
- Have each child try on all of their school uniforms and make notes of which items need replacing because they are too small or too stained or worn out. Do your back to school shopping early while the sale is still on at Educational Outfitters!
- Think about lunches and begin to stock up on items that last longer, such as juice boxes, fruit snacks, etc.
Now that you are gearing up, start to get the kids excited about back to school.
- Talk about the fun activities that are going to go on this year at school.
- Let your kids pick out a new lunch box and backpack at Educational Outfitters!
- Help them re-arrange their closets and get organized with their new uniforms all hung nicely
When the big day is here, make sure you have done all of the following:
- Find a place to store all of the papers the kids will be bringing home
- Start a family calendar that everyone can view so that both parents and the kids all know what is going on day to day
- Plan out lunches a week in advance and prepare them the night before to help with time management in the mornings.
- Enjoy the school year with your kiddos as time flies by so fast and you will blink and it will be another school year! We hope you have a great 2017-2018 school year and hope you come to visit us at Educational Outfittesr of Colorado! We are located at 8170 S University Blvd #250, Centennial, CO 80122, or cal us at 720-200-6666