Can you believe it is already July? And those early school mornings are just around the corner. As parents, there are so many things we need to do to get ready for back to school and there are also things that we can do to prepare for the hectic mornings to come.
- Start by rolling back bedtimes by a few minutes each night leading up to the first day of school.
- Gather any school supply lists and start knocking off the items on the list early before the stores are ransacked!
- Make sure all paperwork, including medical forms and enrollment packets are filled out and either ready to turn in or submitted early if possible.
- Have each child try on all of their school uniforms and make notes of which items need replacing because they are too small or too stained or worn out. Do your back to school shopping early while the sale is still on at Educational Outfitters!
- Think about lunches and begin to stock up on items that last longer, such as juice boxes, fruit snacks, etc.
Now that you are gearing up, start to get the kids excited about back to school.
- Talk about the fun activities that are going to go on this year at school.
- Let your kids pick out a new lunch box and backpack at Educational Outfitters!
- Help them re-arrange their closets and get organized with their new uniforms all hung nicely
When the big day is here, make sure you have done all of the following:
- Find a place to store all of the papers the kids will be bringing home
- Start a family calendar that everyone can view so that both parents and the kids all know what is going on day to day
- Plan out lunches a week in advance and prepare them the night before to help with time management in the mornings.
- Enjoy the school year with your kiddos as time flies by so fast and you will blink and it will be another school year! We hope you have a great 2017-2018 school year and hope you come to visit us at Educational Outfittesr of Colorado! We are located at 8170 S University Blvd #250, Centennial, CO 80122, or cal us at 720-200-6666
Lots of people make New Year's Resolutions and by this time in January, most people have already given up on thier resolutions. So why do we make them if we aren't going to keep them? A resolution makes people feel positive about changes for the future. According to Pyschology Today, there are some tips [...]
What are some of the first things that come to mind when you think of ‘school uniforms’? Crisp khakis and oxford button-downs or maybe it’s a plaid, pleated skirt. Does your mental image of school uniforms contain ivy-league, academic style buildings with luxury cars in the parking lot?Not to bust the bubble…..but, reality is school uniforms are not [...]
Does your child come home from school and tell you they are freezing in their classroom? Since our bodies emit heat, it is best to trap the warmth our bodies produce. Layering fabrics is the best way to stay warm and you can add or remove them, depending on if you’re too warm or cold as needed. If you [...]
DAY ONE - 2010The first-ever Small Business Saturday took place on Nov 27.It encouraged people across the country to support small, local businesses.THE DAY BECAME OFFICIAL - 2011The United States Senate unanimously passed a resolution of support for Small Business Saturday.EVERY STATE IN THE UNION - 2012From Washington D.C., to Washington State, governors, mayors, andeven President Obama championed Small Business Saturday.NEIGHBORHOODS CELEBRATED THE DAY [...]
Thanksgiving is almost here and we at Educational Outfitters want to wish you a wonderful holiday! I hope you get to spend it with friends and family and it is a fun and relaxing time. Don't stress about the perfect turkey or gravy, enjoy your family and friends. The food is good, but the company [...]
Veterans Day originated as “Armistice Day” on Nov. 11, 1919, the first anniversary of the end of World War I. Congress passed a resolution in 1926 for an annual observance, and Nov. 11 became a national holiday beginning in 1938. Veterans Day is not to be confused with Memorial Day–a common misunderstanding, according to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. [...]
Do you have trouble getting your kids up and out the door on school mornings? Here are 15 tips that will help you and your family get ready in a stress-free way!No matter what time your child goes to bed, he always seems to be running late in the morning.Here are some tips on how to get ready [...]
School Uniforms have trends, yes they do! What we have seen over the last couple of years are more and more girls wanting to wear the boys ties, and I have to say, they look so sharp! Girls also love the hair accessories to complete their uniform look with a very cute hair bow. A [...]
Even though the structure of summer months are a bit more relaxed than usual, as a working parent, juggling a job while the kiddos are out of school can be somewhat overwhelming. Well, who am I kidding? It is overwhelming especially if you don’t stay organized. Here are some tips to use to help keep the daily plans [...]