Lots of people make New Year's Resolutions and by this time in January, most people have already given up on thier resolutions. So why do we make them if we aren't going to keep them? A resolution makes people feel positive about changes for the future. According to Pyschology Today, there are some tips for achieving your resolution:
- Focus on one resolution, rather several and set realistic, specific goals. Losing weight is not a specific goal. Losing 10 pounds in 90 days would be;
- Don't wait till New Year's eve to make resolutions. Make it a year long process, every day;
- Take small steps. Many people quit because the goal is too big requiring too much effort and action all at once;
- Have an accountability buddy, someone close to you to whom you have to report;
- Celebrate your success between milestones. Don't wait the goal to be finally completed;
- Focus your thinking on new behaviors and thought patterns. You have to create new neural pathways in your brain to change habits;
- Focus on the present. What's the one thing you can do today, right now, towards your goal?
- Be mindful. Become physically, emotionally and mentally aware of your inner state as each external event happens, moment-by-moment, rather than living in the past or future.
As we enter the end of January, you might be on track in your resolution, maybe you didn't make a resolution, or maybe you have already given up. It's never too late to chage the things that will better you in the future, so think about what is really important and focus on that and don't beat yourself up if you have stumbles along the way. The journey to our best self isn't easy and it requires work.
We at Educational Outfitters resolve to be your partner with uniforms, we resolve to have the best customer service in the industry, and we resolve to offer the best products we can find. Visit us soon!
8170 S University Blvd #250
Centennial, CO 80122