Lots of people make New Year's Resolutions and by this time in January, most people have already given up on thier resolutions. So why do we make them if we aren't going to keep them? A resolution makes people feel positive about changes for the future. According to Pyschology Today, there are some tips for achieving your resolution:
- Focus on one resolution, rather several and set realistic, specific goals. Losing weight is not a specific goal. Losing 10 pounds in 90 days would be;
- Don't wait till New Year's eve to make resolutions. Make it a year long process, every day;
- Take small steps. Many people quit because the goal is too big requiring too much effort and action all at once;
- Have an accountability buddy, someone close to you to whom you have to report;
- Celebrate your success between milestones. Don't wait the goal to be finally completed;
- Focus your thinking on new behaviors and thought patterns. You have to create new neural pathways in your brain to change habits;
- Focus on the present. What's the one thing you can do today, right now, towards your goal?
- Be mindful. Become physically, emotionally and mentally aware of your inner state as each external event happens, moment-by-moment, rather than living in the past or future.
As we enter the end of January, you might be on track in your resolution, maybe you didn't make a resolution, or maybe you have already given up. It's never too late to chage the things that will better you in the future, so think about what is really important and focus on that and don't beat yourself up if you have stumbles along the way. The journey to our best self isn't easy and it requires work.
We at Educational Outfitters resolve to be your partner with uniforms, we resolve to have the best customer service in the industry, and we resolve to offer the best products we can find. Visit us soon!
8170 S University Blvd #250
Centennial, CO 80122
What are some of the first things that come to mind when you think of ‘school uniforms’? Crisp khakis and oxford button-downs or maybe it’s a plaid, pleated skirt. Does your mental image of school uniforms contain ivy-league, academic style buildings with luxury cars in the parking lot?Not to bust the bubble…..but, reality is school uniforms are not [...]
Steeped in history and tradition, the oxford shirt has made its mark in the apparel industry. Originally, the shirt was made in the 19th century by a fabric mill who developed four shirt fabrics named after ivy league universities. The other fabrics Yale, Cambridge, and Harvard have since vanished while the classic, long-lived oxford continues to be a staple [...]
Are your kids getting excited for summer to start? We are too! Kick-off a great Summer with BIG savings!20% Off All School Uniforms during the entire month of May!Come to Educational Outfitters, located at 8170 S University Blvd #250, Centennial, CO 80122 or call us at 720-200-6666 for all of your school uniform needs. Back to school [...]
Anytime is a perfect time to find a great read and get lost in a sea of words. What better time to curl up with a good book than on a rainy, Spring day? Here, Educational Outfitters of Colorado, we think so! Children love to cuddle up with their mom, dad, grandparent, or caregiver to read [...]
Spring is in the air and the fever is setting in with many of us as well as our children. With beautiful weather and warm sunny days comes much excitement. Not sure about you, but when we, at Educational Outfitters of Colorado, think of spring, we think of spring cleaning. However, our spring cleaning at the store might [...]